Monday, July 21, 2008

Socks and Rocks!




So, why did I name my blog "Socks and Rocks"? Well, to be honest it's because it was available and I thought it sounded kind of cool. But then I thought about it some more and realized that it could have a deeper meaning. Socks and rocks are objects that many people ignore in everyday life but they are actually both awesome!


I live in Minnesota so I can fully appreciate socks. They keep my feet warm and cozy through the 5 or 6 month long winter. Plus they are an excellent form of expression. They can be crazy striped knee socks or rainbow toe socks (which are my favorite)! They can be cotton, fleece or even cashmere.


Now rocks. My family is crazy about them. Especially my sister, who once a year makes me spend hours and hours on the North Shore looking for agates. Rocks are amazing because they are little chunks of history of our planet. They could be hundreds or even thousands of years old. Some rocks even contain fossils which really gets my nerdy heart thumping! They are also awesome to climb on! Just ask my nephew.




No comments: